12.09.2008

12.06.2005 Self Evaluation: The Gift of Life - The greatest gift of all

Nothing happens without the will of God. I ask myself why then I was born? The Lord gave me the answer - I read, I listened, I searched for the answer and the good Lord told me why. He had five reasons for doing so for me, and for all of us.

1. God wants us to be happy, and at the same time He wants to know that in creating us we can show our happiness for life. He created us for His pleasure. Let us then bless, adore, praise and love Him.

Do I show adoration, love and praise for Him?

2. Before creating man, the God, Lord of love made assurance that there will be provisions for us to live on. He created the wonderful things around us, things we need for life, to take care of, to nurture. He created us for all His creations.

3. He would like us to be prepared for a life with Him after our life on earth. To live a life like His son, Jesus. How loving our God is. He will prepare a life for us with Him in Heaven. Have I learned to know and live His words? to love others?

4. He gave me all the means I can go by - a mind to think, eyes to behold His creations, hands to work with, feet to follow His way, and a heart to feel what He feels for persons like me.

Do I use the abilities, capabilities I have for service of others? How?

5. He expects me to widen my idea of life not only by myself but with others - in small group, in a family, in a neighborhood, as a community, as a member of a nation, spreading the good news that He is the way, the truth, and the life.

Think - As you wake up each day - a new day is born, will you let it slip useless away? Carry out the purpose the good Lord has created you.

Pray, Reflect & Listen to God's reply.

---}~@~{---

The Lord gave us "talents" just as He gave talents in the parables we have learned from the Bible. What "talents" did He give me? What are yours?

I Just Taught School
I wrote no poems men's hearts to thrill,
I sang no songs to lift men's soul
To battlefields no soldiers led
In halls of state I boast no skill
I just taught school, but

In that little groups where I just taught school,
Were poets, singers, soldiers, statesmen and all,
I saw them in the smiling eyes
In faces aglow with purpose strong
In straightened bodies, tense and tall
Where I just taught school.

And they uplifted gazed intent
On cherished heights they shoon shall reach
And I inspired therefore content
I just taught school.

Do small acts of kindness with great love.
"Mine the hands that led them all
And I inspired therefore content"
I still taught school.
(Adapted)


---}~@~{---

Miracles Do Happen : Prophecies from Our Lady

Apparitions of the Blessed Mother have appeared to many people in many places. Words from the Blessed Mother were spoken to many religious and even to the simple children and lowly people in rural and distant places.

Mama Mary calls for the change of heart of all of us; contrition for the many sins being committed against God. She tells of the terrible things to happen in case we do not go back to Christ. While it is true that the big miracles were for the holy ones, there are a number of miracles for the ordinary people is only we believe in Him, listen to His voice and believe that everything depends on His will and we are truly grateful for the many blessings we receive. Let us count the little things that give joy and happiness to us - Small miracles from the Lord.

1. the miracle of life to us
2. the birth of a baby to a mother
3. the return of a loved one
4. the warm hand clasp of a friend
5. the love in the family
6. the forgiveness of our sins
7. the rising of the sun
8. the rains on a hot summer day
9. warm embrace of forgiveness
10. think of many more, etc.

No comments: