12.17.2008

1.10.2006 A Marian Devotee

At the foot of the Cross, Jesus gave us His Beloved Mother. He gave His Mother to us as our Refuge in times of danger and great help. Let us then call on Her. Let us honor, praise, adore and be greatful for this great blessing.

As a devotee, thank you, Lord, for the experiences and opportunities I had to venerate Her.

As a child, I had a many occasions to pray before the Blessed Virgin of Lourdes at her shrine in Intramuros. I grew up in Sampaloc district where the Blessed Mother of Loreto is adored venerated. It was here where I was taught the foundation of my Catholic faith. With the help of the church catechist we had our first communion.

The Blessed Mother of Mt. Carmel is enshrined at the Basilica of Mt. Carmel along R. Hidalgo St. at the San Sebastian Church, the church built of steel. On our way to school at the Quiapo Primary School we came to greet Her everyday.

With my co-teachers during the month of May, I had the experience of attending mass and novena at Antipolo, Rizal where the Blessed Mother of Peace and Good Voyage is venerated. With our grandmother, we stayed nine days to pray to the Blessed Mother and prayed the 9-day novena (Inang Tina, Tatay's mother).

During the time, we were promoting the books we prepared at the Abiva Publishing House, my co-writers and I had the opportunity to pay homage to the Virgin of Penafrancia at Albay. During a seminar at Baguio City, the image of the Virgin of Manaoag was brought to the Basilica, then we were able to attend a mass in Her honor.

Every year in the month of October, the Virgin Mary of the Holy Rosary is honored with a 9-day novena and a pilgrimage is made on the occasion. Here, again, is a great occasion for celebrating.

The Virgin Mother of Perpetual Help, found in Baclaran, is truly a mother always near and ready to help. Wednesday is a special day for Her to me.

I had the good fortune of living in the housing project of the government Project 4. Within the project is the church dedicated to the Blessed Mother of the Miraculous Medal. Being a resident, I spent my time doing my prayer vigil, mass and novena prayers. Truly, the Blessed Mother did miraculous things for me, I got well from sicknesses I had. My prayers were answered. It was here where I retired, but still was able to re-tire myself for a new role as a senior citizen. With her help, I had a better meaning of life.

The feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Mother is celebrated in all churches (Dec. 8).

Our Lady of Fatima - May 13
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel - July 16
Our Lady of Guadalupe - Dec. 12
Feast Day of our Blessed Mother - May 1, Jan. 1
Solemnity of Mothers' Motherhood

Short prayers to the Blessed Mother -

" O, Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee."
"Mother, we put our cause in your hand."
"Pray for us now and at the hour of our death."

Call on Mary, anytime, anywhere you are. She is always near. Do not fear, She is our Mother.

Mama Mary loves us all. All the time.

No comments: