12.18.2008

01.15.2006 In My Little Room

In my younger days I was fascinated in living in a chalet-form of home, I used to see along the way and in magazines that came to my hand. Sure enough when I became a teacher, I was able to buy a one story house in a housing project of the government. I had a little garden with two caimito trees. I was often surprised that there were smaller trees and plants that came up without my planting them. Sili shrubs, a guava tree and even an atis tree. (a camias seedling from Mila). I was even able to give away pabaon [give away] to my friends who came for a visit - some bananas. Best of all, I put up a grotto of the Blessed Mother of Lourdes in a corner in my yard. I also had a trees isis from which I got leaves to scrub my table tops with. In this house, I learned many things that sustained my faith and trust in the Lord's love and care.

Everyone has a purpose and vision in life, but God has a better plan, which often times we can not understand until finally, with His crooked ways, He straightens our life and then we realize that the life He has for us becomes meaningful.

My house is now a one-room place, but it is a place I can do in my former home. (what I did in my older home).

It is my prayer room where I can hear mass every day, listen and participate in every novena for the day. It is also my news room for my daily happenings. I am up-dated on events that happen. All these I get from a transistor radio. I have books to read, weekly magazines and periodicals. Jing supplies me with religious readings. I took along my religious imagaes of saints for my altar. Linda ang Corry make sure that I have the things I need for my personal use.

From my small window, views of people doing their daily chores, earning their daily bread, having fun provide me the reason to look up and remember to pray & thank God that He is present, caring & loving.

No comments: