11.20.2009

Traffic Signs in My Life (The Way, The Truth, and the Life)

Traffic signs along the way are very important. If we did not put up these signs there will be chaos, disasters and deaths. Even with these, we can not avoid accidents due to arrogance, inconsideration of motorists, disobedience to the signs and undescribable personalities of drivers. We can only refer to statistics to prove destruction to life and property although there are traffic signs.

I believe we also need traffic signs in our life. Here are some helpful ones; warning signs in our daily life.

Stop

I've learned not to rush, calling on the wisdom of the Holy Spirit in making
decisions. It is worthwhile to pause and pray to derive wisdom to go on with the
action I would like to do based on the knowledge I have on the matter.


Look

It is wise to look ahead, to find out people who may be affected by my action,
ones I may hurt, ones I must help, ones who can be with me in the decision I
make.


Listen

It is wise to pause and listen. Open your heart and mind to God. After prayer,
listen to what God has to say. Listen to words of the elders, others who know
how to help you make right judgments and correct choices.


Avoid overspeeding, have someone push you when you are slow. Be aware of the Lord's words when you are about to lose your way. Watch for traffic jams in your life. Listen to God's siren and obey.

I've learned to do these things.

No comments: